7 awesome Ways to lessen fuel consumption
In times of recession, it’s important that we all try to save money where we can, and a good starting point is looking at how the way you drive can be altered to lessen fuel consumption. Lessening fuel consumption is important when trying to cut your spending, even more so if you have a car that is quite heavy on fuel. Here are 7 awesome ways to lessen your fuel consumption and keep more money in your pocket:
1. Make sure your tyre pressure is at the correct level; a car with square wheels is a lot harder to roll than one with round wheels and uses a lot more fuel to do so.
2. Another great way to lessen your fuel consumption is to change up your gears sooner. Depending on the car you drive depends on when you should change your gears, petrol cars should change up when they reach 2,500RMP and diesel at around 2,000 to get the most from your fuel.
3. More weight in your car means more fuel consumption. Travel light when driving and just take the essentials and emergency equipment. This way you should lighten the load and lessen consumption.
4. Set off nice and slow. When the lights hit green don’t hit your accelerator with all you have got! Increasing your speed nice and steadily is the best way to get the most from your fuel and you’re taught this in your driving lessons.
5. Slow down when you hit the freeway. The faster you go the more fuel you use. The faster you travel the more fuel you use. Sacrifice your speed for a few extra kilometers.
6. When you fill-up wiggle the nozzle to get all the extra fuel out that is stuck in it, even turn it upside down as it’s only going to go into the person’s tank behind you!
7. Make sure your engine is well serviced as this reduces friction and lessens fuel consumption.
8. When you park, try to get in the shade or inside as the sunlight heats up your car and evaporates your precious fuel! Keep it in the tank as a liquid and don’t park in sunlight as this also causes your interior to fade.
Mechanic, Studied Mechanical Engineering in London. established BRS Autos in 2015.